Implement Information Security and Cloud Computing Services To Meet Organizational Objectives and Regulatory Compliance
GxP-CC Information Security Services provide governance to properly implement Information Security within any organization. Typically, security is seen as a cost of doing business, but we disagree.
Security, in its basic sense, is ensuring that IT/IS is organized, meets requirements (both for production and regulatory), and is thoroughly tested, redundant, and resilient. These should be the basic tenants for any IT/IS organization, as the costs of one major outage or security breach can quickly exceed the costs of doing business correctly.
To counter this, we provide six basic services with IT/IS Security governance tailored to meet customer needs based on production and regulatory requirements.
Information Security Architecture Design
- Cyber Security Design and Integration
- Information Security, Quality Management, and Information Technology Integration Support (Life-Cycle Integration)
- Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment Support
- Cloud Services Validation
- Data Exfiltration Policy and Design
We also work with a set of preferred engineering and security partners to do the back-end technical work where required.
Information Security Architecture Design
GxP-CC Information Security Architecture Design Services focus on designing technical methods to align compliance and regulatory requirements to organizational objectives providing appropriate security to the boundaries of an organization. These areas, typically known as the Top Level Architecture Enclave Perimeter and DMZ are where the most critical of technical security controls are implemented.
GxP-CC designs and validates enclave protections to mitigate exploitations to specific data flows between systems that traverse the external boundary of the organization. These protections can include:
- Layered perimeter defense with access control systems
- Intrusion detection
- Remote access
- Data and system monitoring
- Data segmentation according to priority and legal restrictions within the local sites
In essence, we bring organization to what is usually the most ambiguous part of any organization’s security, giving peace of mind and an ability to control and mitigate attacks at the border.
Cyber Security Design and Integration
GxP-CC is dedicated to the building of Cyber Security Services within organizations that must implement levels of security services to meet organizational objectives. Cyber Security is a sub-set of the larger discipline Information Security, and is defined (in a broad sense) by the proactive technical protection that prevents network attacks to systems.
These proactive means are specific in enhancing security from external border protections to the desktop.
Typically, our Cyber Security Services are implemented through a Network Operations Security Center. This is built upon the fundamentals implemented through our Information Security Architecture Design Services, and are meant for an organization with a mature information security posture.
These proactive means are specific in enhancing security from external border protections to the desktop. This ends with the ability to conduct defensive measures for protection, real-time monitoring, reporting and analysis on specific Cyber Security matters that effect the organization.
Information Security, Quality Management, and Information Technology Integration Support (Life-Cycle Integration)
Core Functionalities between departments in an organization differ with policies (i.e. GMP, SOX, DIACAP) and objectives. Organizations can face overwhelming challenges when integrating security with existing systems, departments, policies and cultures.
GxP-CC can assist in eliminating these challenges by creating a clear path to enable the process to move forward through the following:
- Establishing the core objective for IT/IS Security
- Assisting in Roles, Responsibilities, and Policy between the Information Systems, Quality Management and IT/IS Security Departments
- Identifying key policy and legal requirements that the IT/IS Security department must adhere to
- Creating the initial road map for technical security milestones for securing the organization
- Designing training programs and assist in acquiring the right personnel
- Providing governance to the implementation of either internal or external consultants used to achieve all IT/IS Security Integration Objectives
Conducting Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment Support
A large gap exists with the ability for organizations to properly conduct penetration testing and vulnerability assessments. This exists when organizations have no expertise in managing this process to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
We assist clients by providing the governance to the process with the following:
- Defining the Scope for the test
- Analyzing the Penetration/Vulnerability Assessment Teams methodologies
- Confirming the existence of technical and legal protections for the project
- Ensuring the targeted objectives are achievable
- Securing appropriate equipment for the Penetration/Vulnerability Assessment Teams
- Interpreting results and providing executive responses to management
With oversight from GxP-CC, management can be assured of quality output from external vendors providing Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment within your organization.
Cloud Services Validation
With the growth of cloud based services, many companies are finding problems with validating the security associated with the data housed within the cloud. GxP-CC has specific expertise in working with cloud solutions to ensure the vendors meet an organization’s security requirements. We also ensure that these items are worked into existing agreements or that new service level agreements are created to enforce security parameters.
Data Exfiltration Policy and Design
Data Exfiltration, or the unauthorized leakage of data from within an organization, has become an increasingly large problem for organizations to deal with. All devices, through automatic or manual means, communicate with outside systems to complete a variety of tasks. Three main questions surrounding this communication are:
- What is the data?
- Where is the data going?
- How is the data getting there?
GxP-CC assists in creating policies to deal with this problem by creating technical steps to identify, classify and apply specific actions to different types of authorized or unauthorized communications.
Our Core Competencies
- Governance and Enterprise Security Integration
- Cyber Security
- Network and Infrastructure Security Design
- Enclave Security and Data Exfiltration
- Network Security Center Implementation and Design
- Infrastructure Security Management
- Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing
Get solutions for protecting your data and eliminating security threats. Contact Us About Your Information Security